Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Poop Fest 2009

Okay this happened a while ago, but I am just now getting around to writing about it:
I met Rick up at his work so we could go to lunch at McDonald's. We sat down in the restaurant and I heard the tell-tale super loud noises coming from Luke's diaper so I waited a few minutes and walked to the car to change him. Figuring all was well since I waited the few minutes that it normally takes a newborn to finish pooping, I plopped him on the front seat and went to work.

Now being the seasoned mom that I am I already had the wipes lined up and the new diaper under the one about to be taken off. What could go wrong? Lots of things, my friends...lots of things...So there I was innocently unfastening the diaper when out of nowhere came this explosion-I mean I didn't have time to react at all, just BAM-poop squirting towards me at lightning pace. After 3 kids I had NO IDEA poop could travel at that rate of speed. None of it, and I mean NONE of it got on either of the diapers...it all landed directly on my (white) t-shirt.

So of course I had to laugh, I mean it was funny. I was literally coated from chest to naval in yellow mustard-y stuff. No problem, I'm no rookie. I know that you always need to have a change of clothes for yourself as well as the baby with you at all times in the car. So I checked the diaper bag-What!? No shirt!? I guess I should have checked the bag before the poop emergency. DOH!

I have to admit that if this had happened with my first I would have cried, then drove home so no one would ever know that I was covered in baby poop. If it had happened with the second I would have gone to Wal-Mart across the street and bought a new shirt so no one would ever know that I was covered in baby poop. Now that I have 3 I'm not sure if it is out of laziness or not having any shame left, but I just tucked a cloth diaper in my shirt collar like I was a 5 year old at a BBQ and walked into McDonald's to eat my double cheeseburger, not caring at all if anyone knew I was covered in baby poop.

3 comments:

Jessica of Faustina Farm said...

lol, thanks for the reminder of remembering the extra shirt for mom those first few months. :) glad you were able to enjoy your burger, after all "poop happens" to all of us!

SHEAFmom said...

Funny enough this story makes my whole body ache to be in danger of such an assult again :-) Enjoy it is over too quick.

Unknown said...

lol