Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Okay I try hard not to complain about being tired. Afterall, it is a staple of motherhood, expected and temporary. But after Patrick's birth I learned the TRUE meaning of sleep-deprivation....I am not even going to go back down that memory lane. But trust me, it was very, very bad.

So compared to what I have experienced this isn't so terrible, but Waaaaahh!! I'm sleepy!!!
Last night we had all of the children in our bed with us by 12:30 am. We normally can make it till about 3, but oh well. So between the hours of 12 and 3 Sarah woke up twice for a drink, Patrick woke up sobbing uncontrollably for 20 minutes, and thankfully Luke somehow slept through it. At 3:30 Luke woke up to eat, which is unusual-he is my wonderful baby who sleeps all night, every night. :)

So at 3:45 I crawled my sorry behind back into bed and immediately feel a spreading wetness....I should have known all the drinks was going to add up to bad news for me. Patrick wet the bed. With all of us in it. So I spent 30 minutes fixing the bed, cleaning pee off of us, and changing clothes. At 4:45 Luke woke up yet again. And again at 6, this time up for good. Patrick carried on crying after the pee incident for a long time so being the unsympathetic mommy that I am I carried him out to the living room and dropped him on the couch alone. There he cried until the bed was cleaned up and I told him to stop crying or I was going to make him sleep on the couch. I didn't even feel bad-by this time I knew the night was a bust and sleep was a mere fantasy.

I have come to the conclusion that my husband is a big, unhelpful, well-rested weenie.
At some point during the pee and Luke's 2 nasty poop diapers (forgot to mention those...) I realized that he had conveniently vanished. I discovered him blissfully snoring away in Sarah's bed...alone and comfortable, and SLEEPING. Grrrrr.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is SOOOOO my life!!! LOL
The only difference is that Nick would be sleeping through the entire thing, right next to the rest of the party. *sigh*