Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ew.

I cleaned out my car the other day because it was starting to smell funny and I was losing the kids in there. No, really. They came up with a new game: they'd get in the very back seat (we have a Yukon XL) and lay on the floor very still and see how long it took me to find them. I knew it was time to clean it when we had to go to the car every morning to find clothing to wear.


It was ridiculous-I've seen my car messy before, but nothing like this. I actually felt shame. It honestly didn't seem like it had been that long since I'd cleaned it out? If there had been some massive natural disaster I could have easily fled the house and we could have survived for a couple of months with no problem. You name it, I had it in that vehicle. See for yourself:

(Notice the mouthwash...cause you never know when you'll need minty-fresh breath!)

And here's a bunch of clothes on the other side:That was just the stuff I had to bring in. There were two garbage bags full of trash, too. I know-yuck! I found what I think was a McDonald's chicken nugget from long ago, a sippy cup that I wrote off as lost, about $15 in change, a Hershey's bar that looked alarmingly a little too much like poop smashed in the floorboards, among other things.

So after 4 hours of cleaning you'd think I would have learned right? Wrong. Don't look in my car right now...it's getting scary again. What is it with the car? Oops...dinner's burning...

1 comment:

SHEAFmom said...

You DO NOT want to know what has motivated me to clean AND VACUUM out my van. Trust me it is an image that would never fully leave you.