Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wanna See What Happens...

...when I sit down for 10 minutes to nurse? This is my little girl, Sarah. She looks very innocent and harmless in this photo, right? The other night she was having a tea party by herself and she went into the bathroom after I sat down to nurse Patrick. I heard the water running and didn't think much of it; I figured she was rinsing her teacups or making new "tea". This is quite common and normally not cause for alarm. The only mess she usually makes is water on the floor and around the sink which is no big deal.

Not this time. When I became suspicious and went to investigate this is what I found:

Yeah, it's shaving cream. A lot of it. As in Rick's ENTIRE supply. And this used to be a candle:
And here's what's left of the cream and our toothpaste:
Then while I was cleaning this mess up Sarah went into the kitchen, opened the dishwasher, climbed up on the counter, and rummaged through the cabinets until she came across my supply of emergency chocolate. Hey, at least she was generous enough to share with her brother!:


If you are very observant you may have noticed that in the pictures the kids are in their jammies. So that means they had already had baths, and I was ready to put them in bed. Needless to say, bedtime was a bit delayed that night...
I have a cleaning suggestion if you ever find yourself with a bathroom covered in a shaving cream-toothpaste blend: Don't spray it with Windex (or whatever cleaning spray you use) until you have wiped as much excess off with paper towels as possible. The Windex just makes it worse somehow. And just toss the candle. It's easier to replace it than trying to scrape cream and paste out of it and save the wick.

No comments: