Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby

Okay I have had MANY MANY occasions that I think, "Hey don't get upset-blog about it!!", but I have been neglecting my poor blog. I also realized that I have barely mentioned my new little one coming, which is so funny because with the first 2 I thought about the fact that I was pregnant all the time...now it's just, I don't know, something that I've gotten used to I guess.
So I am going to give my belly buddy some attention: this post is all about baby!!

I am nearly halfway through and most mommies would be very excited, but to be quite honest I am very nervous. I don't know what I was thinking-I can barely handle Sarah & Patrick, now I am going to be outnumbered! I could stay pregnant for 2 years and be just fine-I giggle a little on the inside when I hear a first (or even a second now that I'm an old pro ::wink::) time mom complain about the discomforts of pregnancy....Just wait until the baby is here, HAHAHAHA. That's when the real work begins, especially when they are not too far apart in age. When I have this one Sarah will be 4 1/2 that month, Patrick will be almost 2 1/2...3 under 5. I'm tired just thinking of it.



But I digress-now for the fun stuff:


This critter is so cute-he has a cycle of being awake and asleep already, and he's very predictable:wakes up around 4 or 5 am, then again around 9 am. Mostly quiet with some bursts of playing during the day, and a long stretch of being awake from about 8-9:30 pm. I love it!! Yes, I have been referring to bean as "he": at my first appointment with the midwife she couldn't find the heartbeat so she sent me for an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay, plus we needed to check the dates. So here's baby's first photo at 12 wks (remember 12 wks means 10 wks gestation):













***This is not what my blog is about, but I just feel compelled to ask how can some people feel it's okay to slaughter such a beautiful, innocent creation of God? He is not a ball of cells-he's a fully developed human child. A little boy! Makes me sick to my stomach to think about it. :( ***

I suffered horrible morning sickness, but I am sooo happy to report that it is almost completely gone! WOOHOO!! Other than that everything has been just peachy...can't poop, headaches, heartburn, moodswings. In return I get slobbery kisses on my belly from the big sister and brother and a free pass to eat all the seconds I want and huge boobs.

I have another ultrasound scheduled a week from Thursday. I will have more photos then!

1 comment:

Jessica of Faustina Farm said...

I actually made me miss being pregnant. While it seems that I am always expecting, I am not a good pregnant person. :) Will we see you at homeschool group in Branford tomorrow?