Monday, October 11, 2010

Writing Style...?

I saw this on a friend's blog (Thanks, Jessica!) and found it interesting. This is a true story: I knew my result before I even hit "Submit". This leaves me with a dozen unanswered questions...Has my writing technique been stolen this whole time I've been "writing"!?...Have I been influenced so heavily that I've subconsciencly picked up this style?...Is it possible I was simply drawn to this author because we are both brilliant? Did I alter my mind forever the moment I picked up one of his novels before my age hit double digits? Hmmm...this is the stuff that will keep me awake at night.

I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



(P.S. I have read nearly every book he has written-including his alter egos-I also own a bookshelf that is dedicated to King novels. Perhaps I should channel other writers for a while.....)

4 comments:

SHEAFmom said...

Hmmm, I have never read one. I will have to check out your stash the next time I am at your place :-)

Unknown said...

Hello, Mrs. Goodman. I went to the website because I was curious...You'll never guess who it turned out to be...Stephen King!

Unknown said...

Forgot to Add,
from Monica M.

*kim* said...

Monica: great minds! ;)