Sunday, November 7, 2010



Last night I thought I would try to save time by letting the baby come into the shower with me so that I would only have the other two to take care of in the tub. So when he was nice and clean I put him in his cozy jammies (it has been cold the past few nights!) and combed his unruly hair and brushed his teeth. He was downright adorable.

I was so pleased with myself I decided to step it up a notch and I put toothpaste on the older children's toothbrushes so that all they'd have to do was come inside from playing and jump in the bath and everything would be all perfect and ready. Well they had other plans as usual and while I was bust preparing (thinking I was on top of things) they jumped in the hot tub. I heard the noise so I checked on them (I have no problem with them playing in there-it is shallow and they are all able to swim, plus I can see them clearly from the kitchen/living room). Sigh...
So I obviously had to change his PJs and get him into a new diaper. After that was over I had to hang up his wet clothes and while I was doing that (no more than 30 seconds, I swear!), I don't know how he managed to get a hold of a candle, but he did. Don't worry-it wasn't lit. But it was covered in soot, which he smeared all over his face when he wiped his eyes. I had to scrub him clean again-candle smudge is surprisingly hard to get off of skin. Right after declaring him acceptable for bed, he pooped. So much for saving time!

2 comments:

SHEAFmom said...

Haha, the little angel!

Unknown said...

lol lol lol! Luke is so funny!