Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Man-In-Training

The Holy Spirit knows when I need a little something...I love, love, LOVE my little darlings. Most of the time. But it never fails-just when I feel I may fail as a mother, the Lord gives me something to hold onto and it helps me realize most of the things I get upset about are, well, stupid.

Today my hubby had to go into work for night #2 in a row of 4 this week. My middle child is the one with the shortest attention span, whom wakes every.single. night. and screams for 10 minutes, the one whom I can bathe and strap into his carseat and still will manage to be a sticky, dirty mess. He is also the most sensitive, generous child in the household. He gets very upset when his daddy has to go to work...

He asked the same thing he asks everyday: "Daddy work?" Upon hearing, "Yep, Daddy has to go to work to make money," he teared up and ran to his room. I, of course, am used to this scenario as it happens the same way each day. The tears are always genuine, but today was different: He emerged from his room with two fistfuls of change from his piggy bank and with the most hopeful expression, offered it to his father. I was fighting tears and my mentally challenged husband didn't get it. So I explained: "He gave you every cent he has thinking since you are going to work for money you will be able to stay home."

He should have called in sick! I know I don't do everything (even HALFthing) right, but moments like that make me realize I really need to get on the ball and help these munchkins use the gifts God gave them. I have been away too long...I'm ready to come back. And I owe it to my kids!

1 comment:

SHEAFmom said...

I love that little man :-)