Wednesday, January 4, 2012

See, Kids? The "baby" Doesn't Get EVERYTHING!

I was really busy putting away Christmas decorations and cleaning so I asked the kids to find something to do.  The two older kids went and got their baby albums...and Luke asked, "Where's mine?"  Oops.

Should I tell him that my firstborn has a scrapbook from 0-6 months, another from 6-12 months, one from 1-2 years, and then albums on top of those?  Should I point out that my second child does not have any scrapbook at all, yet has photos from his first two years neatly organized into albums?  And then explain that I was shorthanded (literally...I needed an extra hand!), and too tired to process photos of him, my third?  I did TAKE the photos...I have a dozen memory cards somewhere in this house. I also had a million from his first few months on my phone, which was stolen (I blogged about it) before I transferred them.  I have not printed a single picture of this child.  Ever.  He will be three in April and he doesn't have a picture of himself...unless you count the Christmas card photos...

Nah, I didn't tell him all those thoughts that flashed through my mind in less than 3 seconds.  Instead I handed him an album of Patrick's and passed it off as his.  He believed me and said, "Aww, that's me", and I have to admit I felt really bad.  I'll get to his pictures soon...REALLY, I will!

No comments: