Friday, January 18, 2013

Another App Recommendation

Stack the States.
Worth more than the 99 cents I paid for it. Once your child has mastered the 50 states (some light trivia, capitols, location, and flags) there is another app-Stack the Countries-to keep up the geography knowledge. I admit it: I was totally embarrassed how much I did not know.

My 3 year old plays even though for the most part he's just guessing randomly. He is being exposed to the information and is having fun at the same time. And in my opinion that is what makes an effective educational app! He can identify several states now. My 6 year old knows nearly all of the flags, some capitols, some geography, and all names of the states. My 8 year old can properly place the states on a map in just over one minute. I (shame shame, I know...) have not exposed them to any Geography with the exception of one Florida unit study. They enjoyed it so much that I searched and found this app.

Go get it if you haven't already! :)

No comments: