Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fun Saturday

Today we were outside and we noticed a bunch of ants dragging a dead bug across the carport. Sarah and I think bugs are gross so we kept our distance. But my boys were captivated by the strength of the ants and gathered round to cheer them on. They were truly appreciative; Patrick said, "Thank you, ants!" so cutely I had to take a photo so I would remember the day my son thanked the ants for their bug removal services. Minutes after this it started to rain steadily. It came out of a blue sky, completely unannounced, and thrilled the kids beyond belief. An unnexpected rain to run through is apparently one of life's joys. Then to top off the moment Luke and Patrick simultaneously screetched, "ICE CREAM!!!" and we all looked down the street to see the familiar Saturday sight-a bright yellow ice cream truck playing tell-tale music. So they scrambled to gather their quarters from the kitchen counter and bought ice cream in the rain under a sunny, bright blue sky. Magical childhood moments I tell you.

3 comments:

SHEAFmom said...

That's MY Patrick!!! He gets his appreciation of bugs from ME. :-) I am also a huge walk in the rain type. Give me my dog and a nice warm rain and I am in it :-) Well, at least when I was young enough to want to get changed 3 times in one day. I am so glad today was so nice!!!

Unknown said...

lol!

Unknown said...

Mrs.Goodma's life is all about one word : funny!