Thursday, April 7, 2011

No Time To Post!

Every time I sit down to hack out a post someone comes up to fool around with the computer, ask for something ridiculous, or just plain I am too tired to see straight. There are plenty of little things that happen, cute tidbits of the day I really want to remember...but then I forget them. :( The whole reason my blog was born was so I could journal the antics of my kids' fleeting childhood, put them in print so when I'm lonely in my neat and tidy home with nary a stray toy to step on I have a sort of comfy, warm emotional blanket to wrap myself in. I am so neurotic about everything else...I need to set aside 30 minutes per week to blog. Hmmm...maybe I could jot down the hilarious stuff on a piece of paper so I won't forget. I'd have to figure out a place to keep said paper from being destroyed........ I want to remember the baby streaking for the garbage men...three weeks in a row. I want to be able to smile when I pull up the image of all three kids hiding in my closet with a dozen markers...completely decorated from face to feet. One day it might not be so terrible that we have blue patches on the ceilings...from Flarp (Google it) being mishandled. And instead of wanting to smack his bottom, maybe I'll remember Patrick's spunk when I re-read about the macaroni and cheese food fight he started while I was in the shower...and I had to peel it off the walls. Yep, setting aside time seems like the right thing to do. I just need to get the kids on-board so that can become a reality. ;)

3 comments:

SHEAFmom said...

"the baby streaking for the garbage men...three weeks in a row" Augh I love that kid!!!
"the macaroni and cheese food fight" Oh, oh, oh, I have to remember to tell Patrick that powdered sugar food fights are the best! Unlike flour it doesn't burn in the nostrils and makes the air you breath sweet. Ahhh, happy memories flooding in.

*kim* said...

Oh, PLEASE do not give them any "tips". HAHA!! The really funny par is how he is sooo shocked and hurt when I make him help clean...he really doesn't get it.

Jessica of Faustina Farm said...

It isn't about naked kids and you can hit me for tagging you...http://faustinafarm.com/blog/?p=2558